Mechwarrior Online–Operation Inception
I am a long time BattleTech fan. I had the core game, upgraded the cardboard standee mechs with the pewter versions (painted em, too!), read all of the early books, read the technical manuals to death (literally…they fell apart), had the MechWarrior sourcebook, played all the video games, and even drew a massive game board on my parent’s unfinished basement floor so my brother and I could use Transformers to play. Sadly, my normal M.O. for pre-release video games holds firm with MechWarrior Online, which means I haven’t been following it much by way of ongoing details, so I was pleased to have clicked a link this afternoon detailing “Operation Inception”.
This promo lays out what I guess amounts to a “pre-order package” in two tiers: The $60 “ELITE Founder’s Package”, and a $30 “VETERAN Founder’s Package”. Sale of these packages starts on June 19th, with the goods being delivered to Founders on July 17th, which is apparently when “Early Access” begins.
Here’s the breakdown:
$60 ELITE Founders
- Exclusive custom “Founders BattleMech” which is equipped with a lifetime, per-match C-Bill booster. No word on which this mech is, if it’s a specially skinned or tricked out iconic model, or something custom and never-before-seen in the Inner Sphere!
- $80 worth of in-game currency for their micro-trans store (I assume)
- 2 month premium account to the game, which allows for accelerated XP and C-Bills
- Founder’s Tag. For the peen.
- Early access on July 17th
$30 VETERAN Founders
- $40 worth of in-game currency for their micro-trans store.
- One month premium account to the game
- Founder’s Tag
- Early access on July 17th.