Archive for February 1, 2013
It’s the moment you’ve all been waiting for! No, the other one. The one after the other one, then. Surely this has been on your “most anticipated” list for…really? Number 223? Huh. Well, OK then.
For everyone else, then…
PAX EAST TWEETUP 2013!
That’s right, kids! Come join us at THE premier event of the PAX East event this year (after all the more important ones, that is).
THRILL! to the comfy seats!
BASK! in the glory that is the physical presence of the people you only know as weird, postage-stamp-sized avatars in your social network stream!
DRINK! overpriced drinks in the hotel lobby!
MARVEL! at the crappy decor!
SHUT UP AND TAKE MY RESERVATIONS!
No reservations needed, folks! Here’s what you need to know:
- WHO: You. Or, if you want to posess another body, your host or proxy
- WHAT: PAX East Tweetup…are you even paying attention?
- WHEN: March 23rd, 2013 at 8PM EST
- WHERE: The lobby of the Westin Waterfront Hotel (the one the convention center is attached to)
- WHY: Because we like one another online, and we’ll like one another even more when we’re all drunk!
- HOW: If you’re staying at the Waterfront, just take the elevator! If you’re staying off-site, take the shuttle. No, I will not carry you.
Le Fine Print:
To those who cannot make it this year: you will be missed These tweetups have been one of the highlights of the event for the past two years, and I hope we’ll have enough folks showing up this year so we can add a notch to the ole’ successful tweetup belt when announcing the event in 2014.
We’ve been fairly successful in the hotel lobby, mainly because after about 10PM people start drifting off to other places, allowing us to commandeer tables into some kind of makeshift-flotilla that earns the ire of the hotel staff. Sadly, getting an official bar venue has been difficult due to the various sponsored parties that reserve them far in advance. Maybe next year we can start a pool, and outbid them for a better venue, but it’s all about the company anyway, right?