A Long Time Coming – A New PC
- Intel i7-7700K processor: I like to future proof, which is why my current machine lasted so long. The 7700K was just recently released and is roughly the same price as the 6700K.
- MSI Z270 Gaming M7 1151 motherboard: This is probably way more hardware than I need. I’m not usually an overclocker, but in the interest of possibly squeezing out extra performance later on down the line, I figure that this mobo and the 7700K processor will let me last longer with this config than I would be able to otherwise.
- Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 3000 RAM: I debated 16 or 32GB, but this is something I can always add to later on, so in the interest of offsetting the cost of the mobo, I went with 16GB for now.
- Corsair Hydro H100i liquid cooling: Because now that I have had liquid cooling, I can’t go back to normal fans.
- Corsair CXM750M BRONZE PSU: Again, way more than I’ll need, but when I need it, I’ll most certainly have it.
- EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC ACX 3.0 Black Edition video: Video cards suck, because not only do they release new ones all the time, but each manufacturer has at least 8 different variations. Again, this is a “superclocked” version with a core clock speed of 1594MHz which is better than the original Founders edition I had been looking at, and it has the EVGA’s “ACX 3.0 fancy-ass cooling system”, which I’m sure is a way for them to charge more for their card.